Honey-Roasted Chicken Breasts with Preserved Lemon and Garlic
- 2 large skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 preserved lemon
- 1/4 c. St. Michael’s Garlic Infused Honey
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 10 clove garlic
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Step 2Season the chicken with the salt and pepper, and sprinkle the cumin both under and on the skin. Carefully tuck 2 quarters of preserved lemon rind under the skin of each breast. Pour the honey under and over the top of the skin of each.
- Step 3Heat a Lodge 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat for a few minutes (you want to get the skin really crunchy and brown). Add the oil and butter to the skillet; when the oil is hot and the butter melted, add the chicken, skin side down. Arrange the garlic in the pan so the cloves all make contact with the bottom. Cook for 7 minutes, then turn the chicken, skin side up, and transfer the skillet to the oven. Roast until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear, about 25 minutes.
- Step 4Remove the skillet from the oven, and let the chicken cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Serve the chicken cut off the bone with all of the caramelized garlic pieces and the thick sauce underneath it.